Thursday, October 22, 2009

Intro: Video project of Life in Recession

In the next three months, I will keep a journal of my life as I carry on with the multimedia project for my NYU master program in journalism --- "Life in Recession."

The video project will feature three groups of people whose lives have changed since the collapse of Lehman Brothers a year ago.

From a former investment banker who is forced to take on a brand new endeavor, struggling writers who find new ways to market themselves and middle-age women who bravely step out their comfort zone to make a living.

How are these people surviving the recession? What are they doing now? What have they done to get here?

This is a one-person team that will spend the next three months reporting, producing, shooting and editing the videos. As my first video project, the journal will share with you every step I make as the project moves along. It is a daily dairy of the growing pain and gain as a traditional journalist develops digital journalism skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment